« Home | The Wounded Bite » | Sacrifice Let There be Peace » | Black Sheets Of Rain » | The Lovely Daisy » | Leave Well Enough Alone » | Falling In Love In A Coffee Shop » | I love Knees » | Black Balloon » | 2:45 » | georgia georgia it's been many miles since i've se... »

Me and Skully McGee



Busted flat in Seattle, waitin' for a train


And I's feelin' near as faded as my complextion


Skully thumbed a Greyhoud down just before it rained


It rode us all the way into Atlanta


I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandana


I's playin' soft while Skully sang the blues, yeah


Windshield wipers slappin' time, I's holdin' Skully’s…well…Skull in my hand


We sang every song that driver knew, yeah




Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose


Nothin' don't mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free, no no


And feelin' good was easy, Lord, when Skully sang the blues


You know, feelin' good was good enough for me


Good enough for me and my Skully McGee




From the Astoria docks to the Georgia sun


There Skully shared the secrets of my soul


Through all kinds of weather, through everything we done


Yeah, Skully baby kept me from the cold


One day up near Douglasville, Lord, I let him slip away


He's lookin' for that home and I hope he finds it


But I'd trade all o' my tomorrows for one single yesterday


To be holdin' Skully's skull next to mine




Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose


Nothin', that's all that Skully left me, yeah


But if feelin' good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues


Hey, feelin' good was good enough for me, mm-hmm


Good enough for me and my Skully McGee




La-da-da La-da-da-da La-da-da da-da da-da


La-da-da da-la-da la-da, Skully McGee, yeah


La-da-la-da-la-da La-da-la-da-daLa-da-la-da-la-la, Bobby McGee, yeah


La-da-da La-da-da La da-da La da-daLa-da-da La da-da La da-da


Hey, my Skully, Lord, my Skully McGee, yeah


Lo-da-lo da-la-lo-da-la


Lo-da-la-lo da-la-lo la-la-lo la-la-lo la-la


Hey, my Skully, Lord, my Skully McGee, yeah




Lord, I call him my Best Friend, call him my man


I said I call him my Best Friend, did the best I can, c'mon


Hey now Skully now, hey now Skully McGee, yeah


La-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-laHey, hey, hey, Skully McGee, Lord!